Reef Safe Sunscreen
Handcrafted, premium reef safe sunscreen created with the highest quality ingredients. Nourishing for your skin, environmentally friendly, and safe for you, your children and the planet.
All organic, all the time!
Malama o kekai, kekai o ke malama
-Take care of the ocean and the ocean will take care of you.
SPF 30, Reef Safe, water resistant, heals and nourishes your skin
Hemp oil, coconut oil, non-nano zinc Oxide, beeswax, CBD isolate.
Topical benefits of CBD: When applied to the skin CBD has been shown to reduce inflammation, promote new healthy skin cell growth, and ease aches and pains. Research is now showing it’s effectiveness at reducing skin-wrinkles, stretch marks, and sun related damage.
2oz. tin- $30 ~ 200mg CBD
Aloha friends, we are transistioning away from any plastic, only the 2oz. size is currently available.
This product contains no THC
Benefits and usage directions below
Coconut Hemp Sunscreen
SPF 30, Reef Safe, water resistant, effectively protects and nourishes your skin
Hemp oil, coconut oil, non-nano zinc Oxide, beeswax
we are transitioning away from any plastic, so only the 2oz. size is currently available.
The wonderful benefits of Coconut Hemp Sunscreen
Warm small amount between fingers and spread evenly on skin a few minutes before exposure.
Re-apply hourly or as needed for your skin type. The beeswax will ensure that the sunscreen won’t wash off immediately, but because it is a physical block when it is rubbed or washed off it’s effectiveness is lessened.
In very intense sun, like we often see in Hawai’i, take additional steps to avoid over-exposure. Hats, protective clothing, taking breaks from the sun, especially between the hours of 10am-4pm and keeping well hydrated will also help prevent sun damage.
How to best use
Coconut Hemp Sunscreen
CBD itself is a powerful antioxidant, meaning it protects the skin from free radicals like UV rays, smoke, and environmental pollutants. Free radicals lead to wrinkles and fine lines, but antioxidants protect our skin from this damage and help fight the effects of aging.
Studies show that CBD can help treat an array of conditions related to the skin. Atopic dermatitis, also called eczema, has been shown to improve after treatment with CBD. Also, CBD can adjust the output of oils in the skin and hair and inhibit skin cells’ lipid production, making it effective for preventing acne. Pain and inflammation relief are also major benefits from topical cbd.
A 2013 study published in the British Journal of Pharmacology found that CBD controls cell proliferation and differentiation, indicating it can be used in treatment efforts for skin diseases like allergies or cancer.
Besides the natural health benefits of CBD, hemp oil topicals also contain an array of other essential nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, proteins, and fatty acids, to encourage skin health.
Topicals are applied directly to trouble areas so that the CBD oil can effectively treat where it’s needed most. With CBD topicals, the healing compound and other hemp-derived nutrients are almost immediately absorbed directly through your skin, allowing them to be target the affected area for quicker and more focused effects.
While CBD has been found to be safe to use and extremely compatible with all skin types and people, including both the young and the old, it's always a good idea to test a small amount of any new cream on the underside of your wrist.
Topical Benefits of CBD
• Non comedogenic (will not cause blocked pores), easily penetrating and highly emollient.
• Contains all 21 amino acids and one of the highest Omega 6 and 3 essential (not naturally produced by our body) fatty acids which are key components for maintaining healthy skin
• The Linoleic (62% composition) and alpa-Linolenic acids deliver potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties for treatment of acne, dermatitis and other skin inflammatory conditions etc
• Studies indicate that hemp seed oil can dramatically decrease skin dryness to alleviate itching and irritation
• Helps to improve water resistance by protecting the skin from reverse osmosis effects of water which causes skin to lose its nutrients
• Has anti-aging effects on skin by improving the composition of epidural lipids (fats in the outermost skin layer) and improve the overall functioning of skin
• Does NOT contain the psychoactive substance (tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)) associated with cannabis / marijuana